2017 Summer Percussion Ensemble School
5 - 6 August 2017
The Mission of APA is to provide the highest quality of education in the art of playing percussion and drums. We develop percussionists with strong fundamental skills at the highest level of performance.
As part of it’s mission, APA organises Workshops, Master classes, Conferences and other Professional Development activities for Percussion teachers, music composers in order to help them foster a greater understanding of teaching techniques, newest methods in percussion education, pedagogy and performance.
- Fundamentals of technique, touch and tone production
- Ability to read music
- Play accompanied and un-accompanied
- Learn and play percussion instruments of your choice
- Ability to play music in small and large percussion ensemble
- Keyboard percussion instruments: xylophone, marimba, vibraphone etc.
- Drums and multi-percussion
- Orchestra percussion
- Music theory (AMEB grades)
- Different music styles
- Develop personal confidence, self esteem and discipline
- Preparation for Music Scholarship exams in Private schools
- Preparation for State and National percussion competitions and AMEB exams
- Participation in concerts, festivals and TV shows
- Achieve a high degree of professional competence
- Develop exceptional communication skills in a fun and friendly environment
Lesson Policy, Lesson prices, Membership agreement and other forms as well as free sheet music are available for download in Member's Area - section "Downloads".
Australian Percussion Academy
Location: 143 Wells Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Phone: 0411514795 Email